The main goal of the DACB is to represent the Dutch issuers and to act as a platform for the exchange of information among its members. In practice, this means the DACB has the following key objectives:
- to represent the interests of the Dutch issuers in discussions with legislative and regulatory authorities;
- to provide investors with information about the Dutch covered bond market;
- to participate on behalf of the Dutch issuers in international covered bond organisations like the ECBC; and
- to continuously improve the quality of the Dutch covered bond product offering.
Any financial institution that falls under the oversight of the Dutch Central Bank and that has been registered as a covered bond issuer can become a member of the DACB. Any financial institution that has applied for registration can become a candidate member.
The DACB currently has the following members:
- ABN AMRO
- Achmea Bank
- de Volksbank
- ING Bank
- Nationale Nederlanden Bank
- Van Lanschot
The DACB is also a member of the European Covered Bond Council.
The secretariat of the DACB is provided by the Dutch Bankers Association (Nederlandse Vereniging van Banken – NVB).
Jac Besuijen - President of the DACB – coordinates the activities of the DACB on a day-to-day basis.